We look for the brightest, most energetic, enthusiastic, hard-working team players to join our amazingly awesome staff. Interested persons need be at least sixteen years of age, possess reliable (and winter worthy) transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a current Oregon food handler’s permit. All potential employees must pass a criminal background screening as well as a pre-employment drug screening. CPR/AED/First Aid is a requirement for all supervisory positions, but those are all great skills for anyone to have.
Staff members will perform a variety of duties to include skating (yeah!), working in the Skate Shack (answering guest questions to include answering the phone, handing out skates, working with the point-of-sale system, making delicious food and beverage items in our little kitchen, cleaning up after a busy day, and more.
Shift Supervisors will do all of the above plus learn to drive the Suzi Too, our Olympic ice-resurfacing machine, and will of course supervise their fellow staff members.
Birthday Party Captains will become the party gurus and help our party guests have a blast both on and off the ice in celebration of their special day.
Training for our season begins mid-October and work begins with ice making at the end of October/beginning of November. Staff members are paid for their training time.
We are open seven days a week through the third week of March, including nights/weekends/holidays.
Our holiday schedule is separate from our regular staff schedule and all team members share in the holiday work schedule. We typically have one public session on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, MLK Day, and Presidents' Day. We typically have multiple public sessions on New Years' Eve and New Years' Day.
For the 2018/19 season we are looking for both full-time and part-time staff members! Apply now!
- Arena Director, Full-time, Year-round, Salaried - Please Use the "Ice Arena Director Application"
- This posting closes on August 15, 2018.
- Start date is September 24, 2018.
- Figure Skating Instructor, Part-time, Seasonal, Hourly - Application TBA
- Arena Shift Supervisors, Part-time, Seasonal, Hourly - Job Description TBA
- Birthday Party Captains, Part-time, Seasonal, Hourly - Job Description TBA
- Arena Staff Members, Part-time, Seasonal, Hourly - Please use our "Employment Application"